Thursday, September 6, 2007

Loveless Cafe

My husband & I went to Tennessee last week, to see my family in Jackson & his in Nashville. As usual, we had a terrific time. And we finally went to the Loveless Cafe for breakfast, something we've been meaning to do for a long time.

You know, when I go to a famous restaurant like that, I always have this fear that it won't measure up, that I'll be disappointed. I certainly was with another Nashville icon Pancake Pantry (IHOP has better potato pancakes).

This definitely didn't happen with the Loveless. I had the pulled pork & eggs, he had the sampler with ham, bacon, and sausage and eggs. And both were wonderful! At first I was put out that there was only a squirt of sauce on my pork. Then I tasted it & realized it was almost unnecessary; the pork itself was so good! And the stone ground grits were marvelous. Hubby's ham was too salty for me, but that is about the only real criticism I have. GO if you can.

No comments: